Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Answers for the Arts: Personal Properties Securities Act
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Woolloomooloo, NEW SOUTH WALES
NAVA and Arts Law are holding a seminar on the impact of the Personal Property Securities Act on artists who deliver works on consignment to a commercial gallery or on loan for an exhibition. In this 2 hour seminar, panelists will:
- outline how the Act has changed the law and why artists now should consider registration on the Personal Property Securities Register to protect their rights in relation to unpaid works,
- explain the function of the new register and demonstrate how it works,
- discuss personal experiences when faced with an insolvency situation,
- answer questions from the audience.
- Andrew Sellars, Principal Legal Officer, Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia (ITSA)
- Camille Masson-Talansier, Artist
- Robyn Ayres, Executive Director, Arts Law Centre of Australia
- Rebecca Laubi, Senior solicitor, Arts Law Centre of AustraliaSeats are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
When & Where
National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA)
The National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) is the national peak body for the Australian visual arts, craft and design sector.